2011 : The Science Collection
- First Global Image from VIIRS
- The Visible Infrared Imager Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) gets a complete view of our planet every day. This image from November 24, 2011, is the first complete global image from VIIRS.
- + go to feature [earth observatory]
- Suomi NPP Satellite Acquires First VIIRS Image
- This Visible Infrared Imager Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) image is of a broad swath of Eastern North America from Canada's Hudson Bay past Florida to the northern coast of Venezuela.
+ go to feature 1 [nasa.gov]
+ go to feature 2 [earth observatory]
- NPP Satellite Acquires First ATMS Measurements
- The image shows the ATMS channel 18 data, which measures water vapor in the lower atmosphere. Tropical Storm Sean is visible in the data, as the patch of blue, in the Atlantic off the coast of the Southeastern United States.
+ go to feature [nasa.gov]